Sunday, March 22, 2009

We ARE Older


The girls were very ready for an updated room. The bubble gum pink walls Jamie's mom painted six years ago and the precious moment border were time to go. Alicynn was two months shy of being three when all of the went up on the walls and still in a toddler bed. Wow, how time flies. Well the girls are now sharing a room since they always want to sleep together and play in Alicynn's room anyway. Alicynn and Faith now share a much more grown up little girl room (or Alicynn would say Tween room). Faith's bedroom is now a playroom. I made a trip to Louisville on Thursday just to get the bedding; however, I did not buy the one I initially set out for. I had been trying to alter a comforter Alicynn had gotten for her birthday a couple of years ago to fit the daybed, but it became to much work. I think I would still be working on it. Alicynn and Faith had no idea what color the walls were going to be or what the bedding looked like. It was exciting to keep this from all of them. Greg "missed out" on the painting because he had a football clinic up near Indy. He came home just in time to place the furniture. Now, time to start spring break...

6 comments:

Cami said...

Love it! Love the colors and love the polkadots!!!

Justin said...

The polkadots match your blog! Was that planned? I do like the dots. Maybe I can convince Jamie to add some to our room.

Joe said...

The polkadots are pretty cool as long as they not wallpaper. If they are wallpapaper, they are the work of the devil. Wait did I type that out loud, I meant they are awesome. Put more up because I don't have wallpaper issues right now at all.

Jamie said...

The tween room is gorgeous! I wish I had a room so cool. Maybe we should add some polkadots as Justin suggested...

Angela said...

Jamie and Justin...I think polka dots in your room would be just the right touch...and they are not wallpaper so you will never have to deal with the work of the devil...they are wall decals-something similar to decals you would hang on windows.

Alicynn said...

i love my room so much i can leve it but kick faith in the play room. faith i mean i NEED my own room. mommy can faith move out and in to the play room i need my space ecsdsaLY SCINCE IM A TWEEN.