Friday, March 2, 2012

A Little Time Away

     Four nights and three days.  Last weekend, Greg had a football conference in St. Louis.  He was the only coach attending, so he asked me to attend with him.  To most going to a football conference with their husband probably sounds boring, but not to me.  I was ready for a little down time of my own.  It is not often that I get time to myself.  I am not trying to sound selfish, but I need some down time.  It rejuvenates me and makes me a better mother and wife.  Friday morning when Greg left his first sessions of the conference, I stayed curled up in bed and slept until almost 10:30.  When I woke up, I spent the next thirty or so minutes just lying in bed and watching what I wanted to watch on TV.  Yes, "House Hunters"--my addiction.  During Greg's lunch break we enjoyed a very cold walk around downtown and found a fun, old diner. After lunch, we attended beer school at Anheuser-Busch.  Greg and I several years ago had taken the tour of the brewery, so this time we opted to only do the beer school.  If anyone needs help with learning to pour their beer or what foods to pair with certain beers, Greg and I are now Honorary Brewmaster and can assist you.  We even have the certificate to prove it.  After lunch and our beer school, Greg had to get back for his next sessions.  I made sure I used my time wisely--I napped.  Later that evening, we went to a bar on the very top floor of the hotel called 360.  The bar had a great view of the city; however, a bit to classy for Greg and I.  Saturday I made sure to get a little shopping in and am very proud to say I spent very little but did enjoy the day. 
     The girls spent the entire weekend with Aunt Crystal, Uncle Aaron and the boys.  Alicynn and Faith were angels, and I have been told they did not even fight one time over the weekend.  Now, if I can only figure out the magic spell Crystal must have placed on them, it may be a bit quieter around our house.  Knowing the girls were in great hands and behaving made Greg's and my weekend that much better.  The two of us came home refreshed and ready for the busy week ahead of us. 
 

No comments: