Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

So, this morning I couldn't sleep! I was seriously awake and working on the computer at 3:30 this morning. I was wide awake and could not even convince myself to go back to sleep. Around 4:30a.m., I heard a really loud rumble and then shaking. I was in disbelief at first! Faith, Alicynn and Greg were all in the hallway at the same time. We all went into the bathroom! I looked at Greg and asked him if that was what I thought it was and he said yep. The girls did not ask many questions because they were still half asleep! Everyone, but me, was able to go back to sleep. I have this crazy love for watching the news during things like this. Greg gets so sick of it...he was probably happy he went back to bed.
Even after being up so early, I ran behind. On Fridays I always stop to get donuts for everyone at my mom's house (since she runs the grandchildren school bus)! Everyone was at the Donut Bank. The lady waiting on me said about 10 minutes after the earthquake people must have thought about donuts hopped in their car to buy them and never stopped coming.
Have a great day and don't shake, rattle and roll too much!

Those of you reading not close enough to feel the earthquake, it registered 5.2!

2 comments:

Tina said...

How scary! I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out. But, I'm like you, I would have been glued to the TV afterwards. I like the drama! Glad everyone is OK :)

Joe said...

I am hearing from reliable sources that the earthquake was not caused by the Wabash Valley Fault(as reported by such unreliable media outlets as CNN) but by Greg belching. I think that might explain Greg's disinterest in the news Coverage after the "earthquake". Belchquake, I think, is a better name.